Canada Family Sponsorship is the best and easiest way of coming into Canada; it’s based on invitation by a relative who is already a permanent resident or a citizen in Canada.
Canada has always loved to reunite families of immigrants; this leads to the introduction of this pathway, whereby immigrants can sponsor their relatives to come to Canada using this program, work, and become permanent residents or citizens.
The Canada family sponsorship will only allow immigrants eligible to bring in their loved ones to Canada to use this program. Being eligible here means that the immigrant must have obtained a permanent residence permit or citizenship, and they can only bring close relations through this program. The close relations that can enjoy this privilege include;
- Common-law partner
- Conjugal partner
- Dependent children
You may include his Sibling, nephew, niece, or grandchild below 18 years or whose parents are dead and are not married. They must live outside of Canada or reside in the country either as students or temporary residents.
These are people that can be sponsored to Canada using the Canada family sponsorship program.
Canada Family Sponsorship
Outside being a permanent resident of Canada or a citizen in the country, some other requirements must be met in order the be able to sponsor a person under this immigration pathway.
To be fully eligible to be a sponsor in Canada under this program, you must;
- be a permanent resident or a citizen of Canada and currently residing in the country at the time of application.
- The sponsor must not have any severe criminal records like rape, abuse of any kind, stealing, smuggling of illegals like drugs and weapons.
- The sponsor must be financially stable and can take good care of the sponsor, at least by providing the basic human needs.
- If they sponsored you to Canada, you would not be able to sponsor another person.
- Must not be on a removal order.
- Must not owe any immigration loan
- If you’ve sponsored a person in the past and didn’t need the criteria for the sponsorship, you won’t be eligible for another.
You must make sure you’re clear from the above-listed requirements to sponsor any person to Canada.