Canada to improve economy using Global Talent – For Canada to strengthen its economy using Global talent will require restructuring its policies. The global talent strategy; is a strategy used to attract immigrants with skills and special talent to Canada to work; this will enable the country’s economy to develop faster within a short time.
In past years, Canada has allowed students, skilled and unskilled immigrants to come into Canada to either work, study, or even invest in their economies. As if that’s not enough; lately, they’ve developed plans to quicken the application of immigrants who want to come into Canada from any part of the world.
The Canadian government planned to retain international students permanently in Canada after their studies and has developed a program that allows workers into Canada during the holidays; to come and work till the break is over though the program is not open to immigrants from all parts of the world but some specified countries.
Gradually, Canada is becoming the highest country encouraging global talent, especially in science and technology, Mathematics, and Business.
All these efforts to bring more talents into Canada are the Global Skills Strategy, which also includes the Global Talent Stream, launched in June 2016.
Canada to improve economy using Global Talent.
For Canada to improve it’s economy using the global talent strategy, the government has used the key elements of the global talent stream, which are;
- A two-week processing time for immigrants application
- Supported companies with job-creating investments to come into Canada
- Removing of the work permit requirement from short term skilled work (Less than 30days) and short academic stay
- Companies searching for workers through the Global Talent Stream will have access to the new streamlined application process that will provide:
- Client-focused service, which helps guide qualified employers through the application process and the development of the Labour Market Benefits Plan within ten office days.
- Qualification for workers to have their work permit applications processed in 10 business days.
The Global Talent Stream Requirements
Under Global Talent Category A, employers must be referred by one of the following (subject to change)
- Under Global Talent Category A, employers must be guided by one of the following (subject to change)
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- BC Tech Association
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Canadian Economic Development for Quebec Regions
- City of Hamilton’s Economic Development Office
- Communitech Corporation
- Council of Canadian Innovators
- Economic Development Winnipeg
- Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
- Global Affairs Canada’s Trade Commissioner Service
- Government of Alberta, Alberta Labour
- Government of British Columbia, Ministry of Jobs, Trade, and Technology
- Government of Manitoba, Manitoba Education, and Training
- Government of Ontario, Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation, and Trade – Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
- Government of Ontario, Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation, and Trade – Ontario Investment Office
- Government of Prince Edward Island, Island Investment Development Inc.
- Government of Saskatchewan, Ministry of Immigration and Career Training – Employer Services Branch
- Halifax Partnership
- ICT Association of Manitoba (ICTAM)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada — Accelerated Growth Service
- Invest Ottawa
- London Economic Development Corporation
- MaRS Discovery District
- National Research Council — Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP)
- Privy Council Office, Special Projects Team
- Vancouver Economic Commission
- Venn Innovation
- Waterloo Region Economic Development Corporation
Quebec Designated Partners
- Investissement Quebec
- Montréal International
- Québec International
- L’Association québécoise des technologies
Under Category A, foreign workers must possess unique and specialized talent to qualify for a Canadian work permit, defined as:
- Advanced knowledge of the industry.
- Highly-paid position with a salary of usually $80,000 or more.
- Advanced degree in an area of specialization of interest to the employer
- Minimum of five years of experience in the field of specialized experience.
Read more: Here