Coming To Canada In This COVID-19 Period-With the Canadian border now closed to non-essential visits or travels, some immigrants and visa applicants trying to move to Canada are most likely confused about their situation and current position on who’s qualified to travel to Canada.
Some instructions and Covid-19 related travel restrictions have not been reserved for immigrants, refugees, or asylums who wish to come quickly to Canada.
Some changes that have happened because of the current crisis affecting international travel include application submission dates and extension dates for document submission and people who haven’t submitted their applications yet.
However, those people who have already submitted their applications and had already been approved and have received a valid Confirmation of Permanent citizen card on/before/after March 18, 2020, would be allowed to travel to Canada now. You may even be allowed to travel to Canada if you’re presently in the US and are coming to Canada straight.
Coming To Canada In This COVID-19 Period-Below Here Are Qualified Persons Who Can Be Let To Cross The Canadian Boarder
- Confirmation of Permanent Resident cardholders with a valid COPR residing in virtually any country other than the United States.
- Candidates or temporary workers who have a valid work permit or are approved for a work permit have not even been issued the work permit.
- Direct family members of the permanent citizen in Canada traveling to Canada for non-discretionary reasons
- Canadian citizens and Canadian permanent residents
- Applicants with special authorization to enter Canada
- International students attending a Designated Learning Institution and (schools that have a COVID-19 readiness plan)
- Direct family members of the temporary citizen in Canada with written authorization from IRCC
What To Have In Mind Before You Land In Canada
- Set with the new travel rules and guidelines, all applicants arriving on Canada’s shores either by Land, Air, or Sea must quarantine for 14 days. Candidates are advised to make provisions with this and should stick strictly to this regulation. However, there might be some relief for essential workers in certain situations and circumstances.
- Candidates are also advised to secure healthcare coverage before they land in Canada to reduce the cost of medical expenses this period.
- Candidates coming to Canada by Air must submit information concerning their quarantine plan, travel/contact information, quarantine plan, and Covid-19 self-assessment plan to make use of the ArriveCAN app.
- The Canadian Government has arranged a new Immigration plan to let qualified Asylum seekers who worked in serious healthcare roles during Covid-19 apply for permanent citizen status.