Job Description Template
We are looking for Farmers to oversee our farming operations. The responsibilities of a Farmer include performing physical labor, operating heavy machinery, and supervising farm workers.
To be successful as a Farmer, you should demonstrate a passion for the outdoors, knowledge of agricultural machinery, and physical stamina. Ultimately, a top-notch Farmer should possess physical strength, good hand-eye coordination, and a keen interest in agriculture.
Employer Name: ALCA FARMS INC. Wage/Salary Info: depending on experience Location: COLFAX Employment Terms: Seasonal: F-T Length of Employment: Aug-Oct Application Closing Date: 15-Dec-2020
- Performing manual labor.
- Performing maintenance on the farm.
- Handling heavy machinery.
- Repairing faulty vehicles and machinery.
- Managing farming activities.
- Overseeing farmworkers.
- Devising strategies for harvesting or breeding.
- Liaising with clients.
- Previous experience in the farming industry.
- Knowledge of farming best practices.
- Able to work long hours on location.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be physically fit.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
Type of Equipment
- Tillage equipment
- Seed drill
- Planting equipment
- Farm truck
- Fertilizer equipment
Type of Farm Operations
- Grain, oil and forage crop
Work Location Information
- Rural community
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
How to Apply?: Email with resume. See details on the application information
ALCA FARMS INC.
Carolien de Winter