Man electrocuted in Anambra

48-year-old man, Emmanuel Oduka, has been electrocuted in Awada, near Onitsha, Anambra state.

The deceased, who is a native of Delta State iN Awada, was reportedly electrocuted while connecting light from a cable in the area.

The man was later confirmed dead at the hospital where he was rushed to.

The Police spokesperson, Haruna Mohammed who confirmed the incident, said he was deposited at the hospital mortuary while Investigation to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident had commenced.

He said: “On 7/06/2020 at about 2:30pm, there was a report at Awada Division that one Mr.Emmanuel Oduka ‘m’ aged 48 years, native of Isoko North LGA of Delta State but resides at No.1 Obieminaka street Awada was electrocuted while connecting light from EEDC Cable at vine Crescent Awada in Anambra State.

“Police operatives visited the scene and victim was rushed to St. Charles Borromeo hospital Onitsha for treatment but confirmed dead by a medical doctor on duty.

“Consequently, the Commissioner of Police John B. Abang, caution Ndi Anambra and residents alike to always seek for experts whenever they have electric fault in order to avert similar ugly incident in future.”

Source: The Nation

Tread Started by: Neon Emmanuel On 11:38am Jun 8