The Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP)
The Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP)

The Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) – is a program that allows applicants for a permanent residence permit to keep working while waiting for their application; this program is open to everyone in Canada but the residence of Quebec.

Immigrants who reside in Quebec don’t benefit from this program, but you may be eligible for an employer-specific work permit if you have a Quebec Selection Certificate.

The Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP)

Who can apply for a BOWP;

To be able to use use the BOWP program, you must

  • live in Canada (Outside Quebec)
  • be the principal applicant of the PR application
  • have a valid work permit (to expire in four months or less)

When submitting your BOWP application, you must attach the following documents to the application;

  • Acknowledgment of receipt letter
  • Supporting documents listed on the document checklist

How to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit

Bridging Open Work Permit

  • Select “open work permit” as the type of work permit during your application
  • Make the required payments (work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee)

You should apply online but if you’re having difficulties applying online, use a paper application; when applying online, upload the acknowledgment of receipt letter.

Note: It’s not all PR applicants are eligible for the Canadian Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP); the program is only open to the following people