We are looking for an experienced Truck Drivers to serve our supply chain logistics department in a safe and timely manner.
Part time – Monday to Friday with the possibility of full time hours. Must be able to drive a 5 ton and that also holds a 1A for later job advancement. MUST BE FLEXIBLE. Looking for someone strong and physically fit and able to lift up to 100lbs. This position is for a steady and fast paced environment. In search of a long term employment for our growing company. Someone with time flexibility, would be perfect for this position. THIS IS A MUST! Driver abstract is required. Must be able to drive a standard transmission. Mechanical experience would be an asset but not necessary.
Employer Name: DJB Transportation Services Inc. Wage/Salary Info: TBD, based on experience Location: SASKATOON Employment Terms: Part-Time Application Closing Date: 09-Dec-2020
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Input “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Proven work experience as a Truck Driver
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc)
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
- Trucking school diploma
- Valid truck driving licence
How to Apply?: Email resume to: [email protected] or fax 664-5614
DJB Transportation Services Inc.